Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Heba and Magdi ask. . .

Just heard from Heba and Magdi. . .

First I wanted to thank everyone who has asked about them because today when I got a suprise  phone call (evidently the internet is back on in Egypt) it was wonderful to tell them that "everyone is worried, everyone is praying, everyone is asking about you."

Our connection was not clear at all, but I wanted to convey what I heard from Heba:

They are OK.

The seminary is OK.

They are very worried with how this situation will resolve.

The kids are scared and they're trying to avoid watching too much news.

They are holed up in their apartment and running out of supplies.

Yet they have received deliveries of food and blankets. Heba says she has no idea who is providing these supplies and how they are making deliveries. (>>Please see Heba's clarification in the comments section.)

Magdi and the boys join the men on night patrol to protect the building.

Evidently, Mubarrek is telling people that they must go back to work tomorrow. (I believe Heba is an English teacher and also a host to visitors from outside the country.) She's worried because her commute is through the square and things have turned violent. (Mubarrek has called out his thugs--my words, not hers.) She's trying to decide what to do. Mubarrek says that people who don't report to work will be docked pay.

Heba asks this: She asks if we would all pray. If we could arrange prayer groups and prayer chains. I told her that I would convey this message.

Thanks so much to all. If you'd like to leave a message here that shows your support, I know it would be greatly appreciated.

Peace . Love . Joy . Blessings . Change . Do the right thing . Be kind . Help one another.

Love, T

8 comments:

  1. Dear Terrie,
    Thanks for your post and for all my friends concern. Most of what Terrie wrote is right but it seems that the phone line was bad so some information were lost. Food, blankets and money were distributed to the demonstraters appose Moubarak so we are wondering who is doing such thing and if it is some foreign powers who deliberately spreading chaos in the country for their own benefits. My boss asked us to go to work tomorrow but I just got a phone call that he cancelled the call. The rest of Terries information is right. We are so worried that all this will turn to be a civil war. Mark left to one of the Middle East country. Magdi, the boys and all the men are spending their 4th night on the street to protect their homes and families. It is a very difficult situation. Please keep praying for us and for Egypt that the outcome of all of this will be good. Pray that peace and stability will spread allover the country. We need it more than any other time. I'll do my best to keep you posted and to keep in touch with you.
    Thank you Terrie Habibi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am more than happy to be included in the prayer chain. May God be with you and your family, Heba. Hugs from Diane, Terri's mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying for a peaceful resolution to all of this. We are also sending so many prayers for family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this news! May a peaceful resolution come. And soon! I will keep them all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You for the news updates. We are praying for a peaceful resolution. I will keep them all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your insights and information Terri! Heba: we are praying in Montana, as people are around the U.S. and the world that peace will prevail in Egypt. Please tell the people there that they are held in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hank and I are going to a Moravian church in Maple Grove (he's a cradle Moravian); each Sunday, they ask for prayer requests and then pray the prayers of the people based on what people request. It's kind of amazing to this Lutheran who is not used to people talking in church!

    On Sunday, we'll ask our Moravian friends to join us in prayer for the seminary and the families there. That will be our link in the chain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Mom, @Kirsten, @Sophzilla, @Wanda, @Mary, @Valm, I'm a little late in responding, but I thank you so much for the comments and for coming over to my blog. And for your support

    ReplyDelete