Saturday, October 13, 2007

If I Were a Carpenter

Hello everyone and thanks for coming over to the charmer blog. Oh my goodness, it's soooo good to be online again. It's really great to hear from y'all. Thanks so much.

I also finally found the NPR news station; had been suffering through the NPR classical for two weeks, which is OK, but I'm a news junky. Classical goes about a half hour for me, except for when I'm in long-term stress especially while driving. This morning while happily driving a friend to the airport I was assured that the news station really does exist. Sure enough, it was hiding in the 100's frequency instead of the 90's. Thank you, Iowa. Phew.

Anyway, tonight, during our game of Star Wars Monopoly -- we don't unpack boxes here, we play board games -- I heard "If I were a Carpenter." Even the news station doesn't do news on a Saturday night. What a great song; have always loved that one. And of course youtube.com didn't let me down, with versions from people ranging from Alison Kraus to Dolly Parton to Bobby Darin. They're all good. But for here and now, I opted for the good 'ol June Carter and Johnny Cash version.

Sarah Ford, if you're out there, just want to let you know that the Connect Four you sent us last winter is alive and well. Why unpack bathroom necessities when all I really need is to lose again and again in Connect Four?

Enjoy the song!

With love, T

4 comments:

  1. I cannot tell you how glad I am to know that the game is being played in a new house, with a revived liver, by a pastor-with-a-church, two charming children (Rumsfield have been missing of late...) and a snake charmer's wife instead of the sick room for which it was originally sent.

    I'll be missing you guys SO much next weekend, wish I could be there but will be in heart...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Terri - there's an AM public radio NEWS station, too! It's 640 AM. Mostly same programming - sometimes better reception, sometimes worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Terri and family,

    I just had a client tell me about a pizza place that she said is really good. She said there is one here in Oakdale, but that the other ones she knows of are in Des Moines. I think it's called Sarpino's...good fresh ingredients, gourmet pizza's. Of course you may enjoy a slice or two when you are home in Brooklyn, but you may want to give this a try when you get back:) lots of love, martha

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete